Spanish To English Translation Skills

Upwork Spanish To English Translation Skills Test Answers 2017



40 Answered Test Questions:
1) Translate the following sentence:"Lucia hablo  con hombres aue habian regresado de la fabrica."
a) Lucia talked with the men who went to the factory.
b) Lucia talked with the men who had returned from the factory.
c) Lucia talked with the men who wre coming back to the factory.
d) Lucia talked eith the men which had returned from the factories.


2)Translate the following sentence:"Cruz vio cortinas en cada ventana."
a) Cruz saw curtains in all windows.
b) Cruz saw curtains in every window.
c) Curz saw a curtain in all windows.
d) Cruz saw curtains in every other window.


3)Which is the correct translation of the sentence for a formal document:"?A quien     debo darle el premio?"
a) Whom should I give the awards to?
b) who should I give the award?
c) To whom should I give the award?
d) To who should I give the awards?
e) a and d 

4)Translate bthe following sentence:"Este nino es sl mas alto de la escuela."
a) His child is the tallest in the school.
b) This child is the tallest in the school.
c) This child is the tallest in that school.
d) My child is not the tallest in the school.
e) b and c


5)Translate the following Question:"?Se cayo la cuchara al suelo?"
a) Did the spoon fall iunder the floor?
b) Did the spoon fall beneath the floor?
c) Did the spoon fall beside the floor?
d) Did the spoon fall onto the floor?


6)Translate the following:"Escribeme todos los dias."
a) Write me everyday.
b) You will write me every day.
c) I will write you every day.
d) Make sure you write me every day.
e) He writes me all day.


7)Translate the following sentence:"Dame el de mango amarillo."a) Give me one with yellow handle.
b) Give me the one that with yellow handle.
c) Give me one that one but with a yellow handle.
d) Give me the one with the yellow handle.
e) Give me the one with that yellow handle.


8)Translate the following sentence:"Estabamos caminando por la colina que llevaba   al compamento de los rebeldes."
a) We were walking down the hill, having led ourselves to the rebel camp.
b) We were walking down the hill which could lead to the rebel camp.
c) We were walking down the hill which led to the rebel camp.
d) Wewere walking down the hill which might lead you to the rebel camp.
e) None of the above


10)Which is the correct translation of:"?Crees que esta diciendo la verdad?"
a) We think that he is telling the turth, don't we?
b) Some one thinks that he is telling the truth,no?
c) You are thinking that she is telling the truth?
d) Do you think he is telling the truth?
e) a and d


11)Translate the following sentence:"He estado trabajando alli durante dos meses."
a) I have been working ther for two months.
b) I have been working there during two months.
c) I am working there for two whole months.
d) I am working there during two months.


12)Which of the following translations are correct:"Chico dio el diccionario asus       hermanos."1.Chico gave a brother the dictionary.2.Chico gave the dictionary to his brothers.3.Chico gave to his brother dictionory.4.Chico gave to brother the dictionary.5.Chico gave his brothers a dictionaryeach.6.Chico gave dictionary to his brother.
a) 2 only
b) 2 and 5 only
c) 6 only
d) 5 only
e) 3 and 6
f) 1 and 4


13)Translate the following sentence:"Felipe es un deportista talentoso."
a) Felipe is the talented athlete here.
b) Felipe is a talented athlete.
c) Felipe is a more talented athlete.
d) Felipe you're a talented athlete.


14)Translate the following sentence:"La pera es un tipo de fruta."
a) A pear is aa type of the fruit.
b) Our pears make good types of fruit.
c) The pear is a type of fruit.
d) The pear is a my type of fruit.
e) Your pear is a type of that fruit.
f) The pear is type of the fruit.


15)Which of the the following translations of this sentence are accurate:"Lei la revista
que angela trajo.'1.I read the magazine brought by Angela.2.Iread the magazine bought by Angela.3.I read the magazine which Angela bought.4.I read the magazine which brought Angela.5.I read the magazine which was bought by angela.
a)2 onlyb)4 only
c)3 and 5 only
d)1 and 3only
e)2 and 4 only


16)Translate the following sentence:"Despues de haber escrito la tarjeta, fue a la       pista de bolos."
a) Having written the letter, he went to the bowling alley.
b) Having written the post card,he went to bowl.
c) After writing the card, he went to the bowling alley.
d) After reading the letter,he went to bowl.


17)Translate the following sentence:"Me gustaria aprender italiano."
a) I would love to learn Italian.
b) I wouldn't like learn Italian.
c) I would like to learn Italian.
d) I would never like to learning Italian.


18)Which is the correct translation of the following sentence:"Usted y yo fuimos a       reunirnos con ellos."
a) You and I went to see them.
b) You and me went to see them.
c) Me and you went to  meet them.
d) You and I went to meet them.
e) I and you went to meet them.


19)Translate the following sentence:"El le informo que le daria iun coche nuevo."a) She informed her darling that she would give him a new a car.
b) He informed him that him would give his a new car.
c) He informed him that his would give him a new car.
d) She informed him that he would give away his  new car.
e) He informed him that he would give him a new car.


20)translate the following statement:"Esa silla es suya, pero esta es mia."
a) That chair is just for you, but this one is mine.
b) That chair is yours, but this one is just for me.
c) That chair is for you, but this one is mine to give.
d) That chair is yours, but this one is mine.


21)Translate the following statement:"!Imaginese lo que sucedio entonces!"
a) Imagine yourself what happened then!
b) Imagine what happened then!
c) Imagine your selves what then happened!
d) So imagine what happened right there and then!
e) Imagine to yourself what happened then!


22)Which of the following translation of the following sentence are                               correct?"Charmaine vivo alli durante ocho semanas.'1.Charmaine lived here during eight weehks.2.Charmaine lived there eight weeks.3.Charmaine lived there for eight weeks.
4.Charmaine lived here less than eight weeks.5.Charmaine moved there for eight weeks.
a) 3 onlyb) 4 only
c) 1 and 2only
d) 3 and 5 only
e) 2 and 3 only


23)Translate the following sentence:"Todos los aperitivos habian sido comidos para
cuando Raoul llego."
a) All the appetizers had been eaten by the time Raoul arrived.
b) All the appetizers were eaten after Raoul left.
c) When Raoul arrived, there were no appetizers left.
d) Allthe appetizers left were eaten by Raoul.
e) All the appetizers had been eaten by the timne Raoul left.


24)Translate the following sentence:"Deberia haber llegado ayer."
a) I must have arrived yesterday.b) I should have arrived yesterday.
c) I had to arrive yesterday.
d) I ought to arrive yesterday.
e) I should really have arrived yesterday.
f) I really ought to have arrived yesterday.


25)Which is the correct translation of the following sentence:"Logramos salvar el     ave."
a) Our love succeeded in saving our bird.
b) I succeeded in saving the birds.
c) We succeeded in saving the bird.
d) _We just succeeded in saving our bird.
e) a and c
f) We will succeed in saving a bird.


26)Translate the following sentence:"El se rompio el brazo jugando futbol                   americano."
a) He broke his arm before playing football.
b) He broke his arm after playing football.
c) He broke his arm playing football.
d) he broke his arms by playing football.


27)Translate the following sentence:"Lorezo se desempeno como mayor en la Fuerza
Aerea."
a) Lorenzo became a major in our Air Force.
b) Lorenzo was served by a major in the Air Force.
c) Lorenzo served like a major in the Air Force.
d) Lorenzo served as a major in the Air Force.


28) Which of the following are accurate translation of :"Al dia siguiente, Diego felicito
a todo el mundo."
1.The next day Diego congratulated everyone.2.Diego congratulated everyone the next day.3.The following day Diego congratulated everyone.4.Diego congratulated everyone the day after.
a) 1 and 3 
b) 2 and 3
c) 1,3 and 4
d) 2,3, and 4
e) All of the above


29)Transalte the following sentence:"Bromee que ella lo abofetearia si el la besaba."a
) I joked that she will slap him if he kisses her.
b) Ijoked that she will slap her if he kissed her.
c) I joked that she wil slap him if he kissed her.
d) I joked that she would slap[ him if he dared kiss her.
e) I joked that she would slap him if he kissed her.
f) I joked that she will really slap him if he kisses her.


30 Which is an accurate modern translation of:"?Encontraste el cuarto de                   lavanderia?"
a) Did you find the laundry?
b) Could you find the laundry rooms?
c) Didn't you find the laundry room?
d) Did you find the laundry room?
e) Are you going to find the laundry room?


31)Translate the following sentence:"Si llueve, me pondre una chaqeuta."
a) if it rains.Iwill put on a jacket.
b) If it rains, I put on a jacket.
c) Before it rained, I put on a jacket.
d) If it can rain , I 'll put on a jacket.


32)Which is the correct translation of the following sentence:"Cortez le dijo asu jefe que estaba enfermo."
a) Cortez told his boss that some thing  was wrong.
b) Cortez told her boss that she was too ill.
c) Cortez  told his boss that  she was very ill.
d) Cortez told his boss that he was ill.
e) Cortez said he was ill and his boss agreed.


33)Translate the following sentence:"Clara va alli todos los dias."
a) Clara goes there every day.
b) Clara is going there every day.
c) Clara has been going there every day.
d) Clara was going ther every day. 

34)Which of the following translation of his sentence are accurate:"Ella estara lista en
diez mintos,a menos que alguein me telefonee."1. She will be ready in ten minutes ,unless someone telephones me.2.She will be ready within ten minutes,unless someone telephones me.3.She will be ready in ten minutes'time,unless someone  telephones me.4.She will be ready within ten minutes'time, unless someone telephones me.5.She will be ready  after ten minutes, unless someone telephones me.
a) 1 and2 only
b) 3 and 4 only
c) 3 and 5 only
d) 1,2 and 3 only
e) 2 and 4 only
f) 3,4 and 5 only


35)Translate the following sentence:"El amor al dinero es el origen de todos los         males."
a) The love of money is the end if all evil.
b) The love of the money is the root of all the evil.
c) The lover of the money is the root of evil.
d) The love of money is the root of all evil.
e) The lover of money is the root of all evil.


36)Translate the following sentence:"Lr di el rubi que me robarcon."
a) I gave him the stolen rubles.
b) I gave him the rubies before I was robbed.
c) I gave him the ruby that I'd already stolen.
d) I stole the ruby and gave it to him.
e) I gave him the ruby that was stolen from me.


37)Translate the following sentence:"En esa epoca trabajaba como enfermera."
a) At this time she worked as a nurse.
b) At that time she worked as a nurse.
c) For a time I believe she worked as a nurse.
d) During this time she worked as anurse.


38)Translate the following statement :"Mas que todo, uno debe conocerse bien a si   mismo."
a) Most of all, one must know oneself well.
b) Most of all, we must know ourselves too well.
c) Most of all, he must know himself well.
d) Most of all,they must know themselves well. 

39)Which of the following translations of this sentence are correct:"Sasha sugirio ir al cine."1.Sasha suggested that they go to the cinema.2.Sasha claimed that they went to the cinema.3.Sasha suggested going to the cinema4.sasha claimed that we are going to the cinema.
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 3 and 4 only
c) 3 only
d) 2,3 and 4 only
e) all of the above

40)which are correct translations of the following sentence:"Penelope tiene que ayudar a su marde cada sabado."1.Penelope has to help her mother on Saturdays.2.Penelope has to help her mother on Saturday.3.Penelope has to help her mother every Saturdays.4.Penelope has to help her mother this Saturday.5.Penelope has to help her mother each Saturday.
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1 and 5 only
e) 2 and 4 only
f) 1,3 and 5 only